Best time to visit then Kashmir- a world suspended between earth and sky.
Kashmir in India is very famous and is called heaven on earth; newly married couples plan Kashmir trips to mile moon, Dal lake, and Mughal gardens in Srinagar to accentuate Kashmir tourism. There may not be a heaven or a land of milk and honey, but the valley of Kashmir attracts travelers from all over the world. Shikara drifting on sparkling lakes on a summer evening, the vibrancy of Mughal gardens in spring, enjoying the snow in Winter in Kashmir, and picking apples on an autumn afternoon are just a few ways to put a state of delight on your face. So, don’t think so much; book your amazing itinerary with Kailash Expeditions and get amazing offers to explore this wonderful place suspended between earth and sky, where spirituality is tangible and influences every aspect of daily life, where generosity, kindness, and great respect for life and for the land of inhabitants are great teaching for all who pass there.
The best time to go to Kashmir
If you are looking for the Best Time to Visit Kashmir, here is some information to help you make a decision:
Summer season (March to May)- Summer is the best time to visit Kashmir as the weather is neither too cold nor too hot and is suitable for tourism. Daytime temperatures vary from 15°C to 30°C. Early morning is usually the best time to explore this place. Explore the snowmelt through the valley and see the breathtaking scenery. Do not miss to visit Pahalgam, Srinagar, and Gulmarg in the summer. Stroll through the beautiful flowers of the Mughal Gardens. Another notable activity during the summer is the Amarnath Yatra. Explore Kashmir travel packages that give you various options to enjoy your summer in Kashmir.
Monsoon Season (June to September)- Monsoon starts in Kashmir from June to September and is usually considered as shoulder season or season but visiting Kashmir during monsoon is an experience in itself. You will also find good discounts on flights and hotels in this low season. Temperatures during these months vary from 15°C to 30°C. Another added benefit is to do apple picking, as Kashmir has many places to visit to explore. Don't forget to bring a jacket, sturdy shoes, rain gear, and a raincoat during your trip to Kashmir.
Winter Season (October to February)- Winter in Kashmir is one of the best and most peak seasons. The temperature range is from 0°C to 10°C. Most of the activities that can be enjoyed in other months, like visiting the Mughal Gardens or shikara tours in Dal Lake, may not be possible during winter months. The best time to visit Kashmir is this season because of the snowfall. Snow falls from December to March and covers the entire valley like something out of a Yash Chopra film. Hence, Kashmir honeymoon packages are very popular during the winter months.
Winter Kashmir travel tips for a smooth journey
Some Winter Tips from Kashmir to keep in mind to ensure a smooth journey:
- Rain in Kashmir is unpredictable, so you should always carry an umbrella.
- Anticipate flight delays due to weather and have buffers for travel bookings and related factors.
- It is recommended that you choose a comfortable vehicle as roads can often be closed during heavy snowfall, and the journey can be uncomfortable.
- It is recommended to use shoes with thick soles and wool linings that provide good grip, as other types of shoes make it difficult to walk on snow.
- Depending on the location, there are places that are difficult to get to (such as sudden weather), so be sure to check road conditions and weather forecasts in advance.
- Shops are open even in winter unless there is a curfew. The advantage of shopping during this time is that you are more likely to get cheap souvenirs.
- Avoid local transport and hire a paid car with a driver if possible.
- Please ask about heating in your room in advance when booking because the temperature can be negative. For example, the cheapest hotel rooms may not have electric blankets, but luxury hotels do.
- With expectations in mind, you should bring proper winter clothing.
- Always hire a local guide to fully explore the place.
- To ensure a smooth trip, it is best to avoid activities that hurt the feelings of valley residents.
Kashmir is an ideal holiday destination for family and friends. It offers breathtaking scenery and mouth-watering cuisine that must be experienced once in a lifetime. Every season in Srinagar is stunningly beautiful and incomparable to any other.